Sheared plates and flat bars have a multitude of applications, forming the basic structural engineering components like walling, flooring and stiffeners in industries like marine and shipbuilding, aerospace and building and architecture just to name a few.
Leng Huat is equipped to work with materials from coils, raw plates direct from the steel mills or even off-cuts supplied by our clients themselves.
The above products are processed onsite with our in-house 20 feet guillotine shear, which shears up to 20mm in plate thickness. This cold-shear machine is additionally able to carry out shearing of custom-sized flat bars from standard plates, a service exclusive to Leng Huat Steel.
On occasion, this is additionally combined with straightening. A process required in some instances following flat bar shearing from coils or raw mill plates – see product section Straightening / Pressing / Flattening for more information.
You may also like
- Building & construction (channels, beams, angle bars, etc.)
- Marine & shipbuilding (vessel & oil rig components)
- Oil & gas industry (oil rig accommodation walling)
- Truck & mining industry (Tipper truck and other vehicular parts)
- Other structural steel components
Key Specifications/Special Features :
- Cold guillotine shear sheetmetals up to 16mm in thickness and 20 feet in length. Higher specs also possible upon enquiry
- Minimum plate distortion after shearing
- High accuracy
- Straightening of flat bars also available if required
- Capable of handling different kinds of materials, metals & non-metals
- Products can be customisable to a variety of shapes & sizes